With Turku UAS Finna you can map international articles related to your topic before choosing databases to search.
1) Go to Turku UAS Finna. When using Finna outside the Turku UAS network, please remember to sign in with your Turku UAS user ID. When signed in you can access all the electronic resources acquired for Turku UAS students and staff.
2) Choose option Switch to search international articles:
3) Enter the search terms and refine your search with relevant option. Use advanced search if needed.
4) You can narrow the search result by content type or topic. If you want to include only full text articles in your search result, choose the option Full text available. If you choose the option Peer reviewed, only the peer reviewed scholarly articles are shown in the search result. This option helps you if you are searching for high-quality scholarly materials. Peer review is the process of subjecting the article to the scrutiny of others who are experts in the same field, before the article is published.
Please note that the Search international articles option in Finna does not include all e-resources that Turku UAS students and staff have access to. Part of the resources can be found and used only via database interfaces.
Use databases and their own interfaces if you would like to have a more accurate or wider search result. All the databases acquired for Turku UAS students and staff can be found in Finna > Browse databases. You can also search databases in Turku UAS Finna:
1) Go to Turku UAS Finna and type the name of the database you are searching in the search field, for example Academic Search Elite.
2) Click the link Database interface. Sign in with your Turku UAS user ID if necessary.
3) Use the database search and exploit the choices of refining the search result. With most databases you can
Choose the search field from the optional Select a Field drop-down list (for example, search in only the Author, Title or Subject Terms field of the citation)
limit your search to articles from peer-reviewed journals (Peer Reviewed / Scholarly)
limit your search by publishing date, language or type of publication
N.B. Use the Full text option with caution; it excludes the articles that are not available in full text in that particular database. However, the articles could be available in full text in some other database acquired for Turku UAS users. To check the full text availability, click the Find It link . Read more from the page Article availability.
Print newspapers, journals and professional periodicals are availabe in all Turku UAS campus libraries. It's a good idea to browse through them as all articles might not be included in the databases. You find information on print journals at Turku UAS library in Turku UAS Finna search service. You can search by journal's name or browse the collections by choosing Journals and e-journals.
You can limit the search to journals, serials or newspapers, or you can choose which campus library's journals you wish to see.
You can also borrow print journals (excluding newspapers), read more about borrowing. Note that the most current issues are only for overnight loan.
In this guide you can find information about how to search and use Finnish and international articles acquired by Turku UAS library.
Turku UAS students and staff have the right to use electronic resources acquired by Turku UAS in studying, teaching and research. Students and staff have the responsibility to follow the user rights. User rights define the terms and conditions for printing, saving, presenting and distributing the e-resources. User rights for an individual resource can be found under the button.