Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to perform a search
- When opening the database via Turku UAS Finna, you will be redirected to the advanced search page.
- Type your search term(s) in the search box or use several boxes.
- You can use your own search terms or select the suggested terms.
- Select a field e.g. Author, Title or Abstract from the drop-down menu (optional).
- Use AND, OR and NOT operators to combine search terms.
- Use OR operator to search synonyms: e.g. teamwork or co-operation or inter-disciplinary co-operation
- Truncation is represented by an asterisk (*). Use truncation to find all forms (plural and inflected forms) of the word e.g. employee* AND health*.
Narrow your search result
Cinahl subject headings search
- Subject headings are used to describe the content of an article or a work.
- Open the tab Cinahl Subject Headings .
- Type a search term (one at a time) and click Browse.
- Select a subheading. Click linked term for tree view (superordinate ja subordinate concepts)
- Explode expands the search (includes all subordinates)
- Major Concept narrows down the search (word is a major concept)
- Select a preferred view e.g. evaluation, standards (optional). All subheadings are included by default.
- Click Search Database or browse additional search terms (bottom of the page).
View references or read full text articles
Click the name of the article. You can now view the following details :
- Title and author(s)
- Source = Name of the journal
- Subjects = subject headings that you can use in the future
- PDF / HTML Full Text
- Go to Tools menu if you wish to print, save or send the reference/article to your email. You can also export the reference to your own reference management tool e.g. RefWorks.
Find similar articles
Use the Find Similar Results function to retrieve similar articles. This function can be found on the left side bar after opening an article.
Cinahl Complete (EBSCOhost)
Terveysalojen kansainvälinen kokotekstitietokanta. Aihealueina mm. hoitotiede, fysioterapia ja kuntoutus sekä sosiaali- ja terveydenhuollon hallinto ja koulutus. -- Full text database in the fields of nursing and health sciences.
Do you need help?
Contact Library at the Turku University of Applied Sciences by email email@example.com.
We are happy to help you!