Use e-resources acquired for TUAS students and staff in learning, teaching and when using online learning environments. Instead of copying, saving or sharing documents it is advisable to link online materials because
Licensed e-resources cannot be linked just by copying the address from the browser's address bar. These kinds of links do not work later on because they might include session details. Please notice that links copied directly from the address bar might not work when opened outside the TUAS network. In this page you can find instructions on how to create links that work.
Databases and other e-resources
1. Use Finna search or browse databases in Finna to find the database you need.
2. Click the name of the database to open the record.
3. Copy the address from the address bar and share the link. Other users can now access Finna and see the resource details by following this link. To open the database please click Database interface.
Tip! Use Finna to make resource lists. Log in to Finna, search the database you need and click the pin symbol. The record is added to your favourites. Favourites can be found under your own account. To share your favourites choose public visibility and share the link to others.
E-books and e-journals
1. Search the e-book or e-journal in Finna.
2. Click the title to open the record.
3. Copy the address from the address bar and share the link. Other users can now access Finna and see the resource details by following this link. To open the e-book or e-journal please click the link provided in the resource details.
Tip! Use Finna to make resource lists. Log in to Finna, search the e-book you need and click the pin symbol. The record is added to your favourites. Favourites can be found under your own account. To share your favourites choose public visibility and share the link to others.
Linking to articles in database interfaces
1. Use TUAS Finna search or browse databases to find the database you need and open the database interface. Search the article you need.
2. Copy the article's address: if the article includes a permanent address such as DOI, permalink or permanent URL use it. If you cannot find the permanent address, copy the address from the browser's address bar.
3. Add TUAS remote access server address https://login.ezproxy.turkuamk.fi/login?url= before the permalink or the address you have copied from the address bar. By doing this the user will be redirected to Haka Login page and can access the material even outside TUAS network.
4. Before sharing the link, please remember to check that it works.
Please note that when creating links outside the TUAS network, the link includes remote access server address, so you do not need to add it.
Linking articles using SFX
You might notice the SFX symbol when using databases. SFX is a linking service for libraries and you can use it to make links. Open the SFX window in Finna by clicking Availability at other libraries and databases.
How to use SFX when linking to articles
1. Go to TUAS Finna article search, Google Scholar or database interface and perform a search. Read more about searching articles in Guide to Article Search.
2. Search the SFX symbol from your search result. In Finna SFX opens by clicking Availability at other libraries and databases.
3. Create your link in SFX window by clicking Tee linkki aineistoon - Create a short link (see below).
4. Copy the link below Lyhytlinkki and share it (see below).
TUAS students and staff have the right to use electronic resources acquired by TUAS in studying, teaching and research. Students and staff have the responsibility to follow the user rights. User rights define the terms and conditions for printing, saving, presenting and distributing the e-resources. User rights for an individual resource can be found under the button.